- Do-Division Holiday
- Spas & Salons
- Culture & Community
- Do-Division Street Fest
- Renegade Craft Fair
Web design in Chicago
Photographs courtesy of REP3.com
Do-Division Holiday Event
Holiday Shoppers to Division Street Corridor all Weekend Long!
Randolph St, outside Cultural Center
Pearson St, southeast corner of Michigan Ave, next to Water Works bldg
The West Town Chamber of Commerce and Wicker Park & Bucktown Chamber of Commerce are urging big retail chain holiday shoppers to refocus attention on the small businesses in one of the most charming retailer corridors, West Division Street in Wicker Park. On December 7th & 8th between 11 am and 6 pm, Division between Ashland and Leavitt is transforming into Do-Division Holiday, a neighborhood “festival-like” atmosphere unlike anywhere else in the city this holiday season. The free, family-friendly event will transport Michigan Avenue shoppers via complimentary “jolly trolley” to Division Street to give holiday shoppers a taste of what makes the “shop small” experience so distinct (more info on jolly trolleys below).
At the core of Do-Division Holiday are the independent, locally-owned businesses that line West Division’s famous extra wide sidewalks. Dozens of participating shops, restaurants, salons and boutiques along the route will come alive with seasonal cheer exclusively for the weekend of December 7th and 8th.
Do-Division Holiday features include:
• Carolers & live music along the Do-Division route
• Exclusive sales & promotions at retailers - Do Division & do all of your holiday shopping in one weekend
• ‘Shop for Good’ program – do twice the good by supporting local charities and the local economy through the Shop for Good program. Select businesses will donate 10% of customer purchases to a local charity of the customer’s choice (this promo takes place at participating venues throughout Wicker Park & Bucktown from December 6th through December 8th). For a full list of businesses & charities, visit wickerparkbucktown.com/events-chamber/shop-for-good-2013
• Discount shopping cards that benefit local schools and charities
• Free wine sampling and holiday bites at participating retail stores. Stroll along Division with your wine glass while you shop!
• Restaurants & bars featuring holiday-inspired drink & menu promotions
• Holiday window decorations galore (Time Out ran a story the other year on Do-Division Holiday’s impressive window decorations…calling a window-walk here a smart alternative to State Street).
• Snow-man making and custom wreath sales & decorating activities for kids at LaSalle II Elementary School on Division.
• String ensemble student performers from Suzuki Orff School of Music
• Designated areas with hot chestnuts, hot cocoa, warm mulled wine, hot toddies, and other festive foods
• “Jolly Trolleys” with holiday drinks served**
• Doggy Style pet boutique will host A Live Rescue dog adoption event, and photos with your dog & Santa on Saturday.
• Do Division canvas shopping bags given to shoppers
• Spas & salons pampering specials
• Free trolley transfer stop from/to Renegade Holiday Craft Fair at Pulaski Park
**Do-Division Holiday bills itself as the largest interconnected holiday shopping event in Chicago, as free Do-Division Holiday jolly trolley rides will connect with Michigan Avenue’s shopping and tourist hubs (with stops at Pearson – East side of Michigan – and at Randolph outside Cultural Center). Jolly trolley hosts and hostesses will be on board distributing maps, guides, coupons and info for Do-Division Holiday. Do-Division Holiday jolly trolleys will run continuously from 11:30 am to 6 pm on both December 7th and 8th.
This event is sponsored by WPB SSA #33 and the Division Street Committee.